Hiraeth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A role play site for everyone

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Contact AdminContact Admin  Guide BookGuide Book  
Latest topics
» Sage Nekishu
A place to stay EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 11:30 am by Syzygy

» Juniper Nekishu
A place to stay EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 11:29 am by Syzygy

» Return to the land
A place to stay EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 8:44 am by Vellichor

» Desi'Andrea Sabine
A place to stay EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 9:30 am by Vellichor

» A place to stay
A place to stay EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 4:22 am by Bladewolf

» Lucius Mistwalker
A place to stay EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 3:20 pm by Bladewolf

» Aspen Hayden
A place to stay EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 2:49 pm by TheManyFacedGod

» The Early Days
A place to stay EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 1:15 am by Vellichor

» The Oracle Chronicles Book: One
A place to stay EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 5:34 am by Vellichor

Top posting users this week
No user
Word Counter
Word Length: 0

A place to stay

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheManyFacedGod

A place to stay Empty
PostSubject: A place to stay   A place to stay EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 1:18 am

A place to stay Aspenicon

ASPEN

Her lips were stained red, mismatched eyes hid eneath heavy lids as the last drops of blood slid down ther throat while easing the burning within her stomach. Her tongue slipped slowly over her lips as the grip she had on the lifeless body loosened and the corpse fell to the earth with a thud. Straightening her spine, Aspen wiped the excess from her mouth as she looked upon her dinner with no pity or remourse about what she had just done. He reeked of alcohol and other foul odors so she douted he would be missed much. Without looking back, Aspen turned to walk out of the alley she dined in.
The street was mildly occupied, people shuffling about going to their destinations all the whilst a predator was lurking right in front of them. She never understood how humans had come to survive this long though they served her purpose well enough. The vampire thirst within her was fed, now the beast was unsatisfied. The human wouldn't have been a food meat meal, she preferred game but within the city, the game was few and far between unless you fancy rats. with a sigh, mismatched eyes scanned the street line, looking at the various business signed displayed on the buildings.
She settled on the Inn at the end of the street, knowing she could get a place to hide out before the sun came up. Before she knew it, Aspen was entering the door of the Inn as the scents of the room assaulted her. She could smell the meat being prepared in the back, the alcohol being poured at the bar and the blood that rushed beneath the skin of every being in the room. Making her way to the bar she sat down in the chair and waited for the bartender to notice her.
"What can I get you miss?" He asked, coming up and smiling kindly until red and golden eyes met his. She could see the wonder in his expression, the shock that he tried to hide though it was something Aspen was accustomed to. "Steak, rare and a beer." She said with a voice that was soft but clearly uninterested in further conversation. The bartender nodded before wandering off but not before peeking back a couple of times at the odd woman sitting at his bar.

Back to top Go down
Bladewolf

A place to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: A place to stay   A place to stay EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Lucius had been in these lands for, roughly, a month, and had made his way to the city where his prey of choice was most densely collected, humans.  It had been a rough first few days as he had been driven more by hunger and instinct than by logic and conscious thought.  There had been a rash of vagabonds going missing, but, being as they were vagabonds, the police had not investigated too heavily, simply thinking they had moved on to different pastures.  
"These animals, they dont even know they are being watched by one of their only natural predators."  He had sneered one night, standing atop a tall building.  "My my, you look delicious."  Lucius observed, unfurling his wings before leaping from the roof to swoop up his prey.  After sating his hunger enough to restore his looks and higher thought processes, he knew he would have to take steps to ensure his own long term survival.  This would, regrettably, require him to try to find other vampires, and then engage in human politics.  The searching and contemplation was what brought him to the inn today.

"Might I suggest the blood orange lager?"  He said as the woman sat down a couple of stools down from him.  He could smell the blood on her, knowing it was fresh, and able to make the connection that, since she didnt seem like an unhinged human psychopath, she was a vampire.
"Im Lucius."  He said simply with no other preamble.  She would either understand and want to engage in conversation, or ignore him.  Either outcome suited him just fine.

Last edited by Bladewolf on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheManyFacedGod

A place to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: A place to stay   A place to stay EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 1:06 am

A place to stay Aspenicon

ASPEN

The room was warm with bodies scattered around along with the warmth radiating from the kitchen in the back. Her eyes wandered lazily around the room, looking at the patrons, the liquor that lined the wall behind the bar along with the bartender who was tending to other customers but not without stealing glances back her way. A smile pulled at the corner of her lip, it seemed as if he was the only human in the room to have some form of self-preservation as he clearly was untrusting of her.
Her eyes wandered to her right before the hairs stood at the back of her neck, through the thick human musk, the smell of alcohol and food she could smell the faint scent of death. The more she paid attention the more noticeable it got, her brows peaking as mismatched eyes caught the sight of the other immortal in the room.
His voice reverberated towards her, a simple suggestion but making sure she was aware none the less. Her jaw clenched, seconds ticking by as she appraised her situation. She would play the situation and see where this would go but she silently made her self aware so he wouldn't catch her off guard. "Blood orange huh?" she remarked casually, looking at the bartender to ensure he caught her drift. "Am I to assume he will not slit his wrist into my drink?" she asked, looking back towards the vampire sitting down the bar from her.
Back to top Go down
Bladewolf

A place to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: A place to stay   A place to stay EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 4:22 am

"No, as appealing as that may sound, I dont think it would be a good idea.  But," He drew something out of his pocket and slid it towards her.  "If you put that in, it gives it quite the nice flavor."  It looked like akin to a packet of ketchup, but, instead of the expected writing saying such, there was 'O-'.  "As much as I enjoy the hunt myself, the way they scream just before that first bite, its exquisite.  But, there are much easier and more convenient ways.  That packet is a small taste, and yes, its real, none of that synthetic stuff you can find in some places."  He took a drink of what, at least, looked like blood red wine.  "Though, I might suggest you wipe off the corner of your mouth, your, lipstick, is running slightly."

Turning himself to follow his golden eyes already upon her, "I think you might find a blue rare steak to be more to your taste, as the fluids move more easily." He chuckled with a slight smile.  "I'm Lucius, glad to see another vampire who isnt terrified of coming into human places.  The pathetic things cut and run if there is the scent of more than three or four people."  

Leaning back on the high backed bar chair, he adjusted the links on the ends of his cuffs while watching her contemplatively.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A place to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: A place to stay   A place to stay Empty

Back to top Go down

A place to stay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hiraeth :: Territorial Posting :: East :: The City :: The Inn-
Jump to: